Tuesday, October 29, 2013

DIY Glam Pumpkin

My first DIY Halloween project of the year was inspired by this photo from Pinterest:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/115264071684197000/

I fell in love with this chic and sparkly pumpkin the second it popped up on my Pinterest feed. I just knew it was something I wanted for my Halloween décor, so I headed to the store to purchase the necessary supplies and re-create this beauty!

I purchased a regular orange craft pumpkin at Hobby Lobby, bought some spray paint and gave it SEVERAL coats of white paint. It took awhile and I'm not a patient person!




After the paint dried, I added what felt like hundreds of little rhinestones, purchased from Walmart, with regular glue to the pumpkin in the shape of a spider web. I laid part of the pattern out on the table and lightly drew an outline on the pumpkin with pencil as a guide.




I also purchased a sparkly spider from Walmart (for $1.47, woo hoo!), and glued that on top. It's a simple Halloween project that anyone with a little patience can tackle! I absolutely love the finished product...

 
 



Isn't that spider just the cutest little thing!?
 

 
 
 
I had a lot of fun with this project and hope it inspires you to tackle some DIY pumpkins!
 
Amanda

 

 

 

 
 

2 comments: