Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Mantle

Up on the blog today : a Halloween mantle. Or in my case, my dining room buffet because I don't have a mantle yet. I only dream of the day I do! But in the mean time, my buffet is my faux mantle :)
 
I chose a purple, orange, black and silver color scheme this year. Something about that color combo just speaks to me. I bought some black Christmas Halloween trees last year on clearance at Hallmark, but I didn't have any ornaments and they honestly looked a little depressing without any color on them, so I went to Walmart (when am I not there?) and purchase some mini purple ornaments.
Oh look, there's my DIY glam pumpkin, too!

 
I purchased those cute owl candle holders at JoAnn Fabrics for $6 each! What a steal!
The glitter crow was from Walmart and the spooky moss, which in my opinion makes the mantle, was from Walmart, too!


 
The banner was a free printable off of Pinterest, which you can find here. I added some purple scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby to each letter to make it pop against the spooky black material on the mirror. I think it turned out nicely.

 
 

Orange glitter spider from JoAnn Fabrics:

 
And another:

 
Pre-spooky moss shot:
 
 
Up-close shot. I love the details. The moss really adds to the overall look of it!

 
The finished product!
 
 
I'm so happy with how this turned out!
Have you tried your hand at a Halloween mantle this year?
 
 
 

1 comment: